Saturday, August 13, 2011

Matched by Ally Condie




Important Information:


Title: Matched
Author: Ally Condie
Release Date: November 30, 2010
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Page Count: 384


I cannot fathom how much emotion I felt while reading this book. I'm in love! Move over, Peeta Mellark, because Ky Markham has definitely taken your place. Thus, said, I'm definitely Team Ky, mainly because I fall for the mysterious broody types a lot. 

Throughout this book, I felt love surge through me. I can't explain it, but everytime Cassia is with Ky, I melt into a puddle of goo. I find that Ally Condie's writing is exquisite and very organized. She's able to concoct a story with a full laid-out history that definitely boils down to specifics. 

Let's face it, I'm in love with this book. Yes, I rated it four stars, but I love it. 

The reason this novel received four stars is because it wasn't a book that I needed to read to get through. It's a book that I wanted to mull over, to sink into and float amongst the words as slowly as I can go. The book was an emotional book for me, as I felt so much passion through reading from Cassia's voice, to the Official's struggle to perfect society, and everyone else in between. 

Now, don't get me wrong. I would most certainly not, enjoy being in Cassia's place. To be stripped of my own free will, especially on love is a big no no. The society is just too uniformed and suffocating to enjoy. I believe that Ally Condie did a fantastic job to incorporate this to her novel and most importantly, through her audience. I felt like dying when I read that there are only 100 poems, songs, films, etc. and I would most likely commit suicide if I were forced to live in this world. A society where everyone's hands are always tied. 

I understand that the pace is extremely snail-like and excruciating for most, yet for me it was fine. I loved cruising along with Cassia and just riding everything out. What the book provided me was emotion. A deep, heart wrenching emotion that I was completely absorbed within the words, and they came from Ky. I couldn't care less about Xander, because no emotion surged within me when reading about him. 

Matched is definitely a beautifully woven story with wonderful intricate details that provide comfort. It's a book of romance and emotion.

I belong to Ky, hands down.
SEQUEL TIME:

Boy, am I excited!

Here's some information about the second book in the trilogy:

Title: Crossed
Release Date: November 1, 2011
BOOK COVER:




1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed watching your youtube video for this!:D

    ReplyDelete