Saturday, August 27, 2011

Dear, Author: Suzanne Supplee

So, I decided that I would really love to do this sort of thing where if I email an author and tell him/her how much I loved their book, I will share it with y'all!

In account of Artichoke's Heart, here is what I wrote to Suzanne Supplee:

Hi Suzanne!

I really love your novels although I only own Artichoke's Heart and Somebody Everybody Listens To. I really love both of them especially Artichoke because it's really inspiring! I was able to come to certain terms about my self consciousness And it helped me alot! I also recommended it to my friend, Giselle who only reads Manga and she loved it! We still rave about it after reading it years ago. I'm really glad that you wrote that novel because it's really relatable and my friend and I really  connected to it because we both had issues with our weight. 

I also really liked Somebody Everybody Listens to but it didn't affect me like Artichoke did, although I really cried in the end of Somebody Everybody Listens to .

Thanks for writing amazing novels! I'm looking forward to your next one :) when are you going to come out with another?

I'm also wondering, not to be rude, but if you have any signed swag or bookplates? I'll be glad to send a self addressed stamped envelope :) [She did not address this question, so I guess that's a no, but that's okay!]

Thanks, 
Malyza Caballero 




Her response:


Hi Malyza,

Thank you SO much for writing to me!  Sorry it's taken a while to get back to you.  Your kind compliments are much appreciated, though.  Always so good to hear I made a reader happy…or…uh…made her cry.  Sorry about that part, but I will say that I cried while writing that ending, too.  Writing is a strange business.

Hope you're having a terrific summer, and please know how much it means that you took the time to write to me.  Thank you!

xo,

Suzanne



She's really sweet and she writes really great books! Check 'em out 


Buy: Artichoke's Heart
Buy: When Irish Guys Are Smiling
Buy: Somebody Everybody Listens To (Hardcover)
Buy: Somebody Everybody Listens To (Paperback)

No comments:

Post a Comment