Monday, April 16, 2012

Crash Into Me by Albert Borris

Crash Into Me by Albert Borris

Release Date: July 7, 2009

Publisher: Simon Pulse

Page Count: 272

Rating: BURN THOSE PAGES





It has been awhile, I know, I know. There is no need for any explanations of my hiatus, so diving into a review would be the best idea. Any questions? No, good. 

Crash Into Me by Albert Borris tells the story of four teenagers who make a pact to commit suicide after a road trip through America, by visiting grave sites of famous people who have committed suicide. These set of four: Owen, Audrey, Frank and Jin-Ae are thrust into a world of misunderstanding and depression, and through this road trip they learn to cope with their lives as well as themselves. In this story, these four teenagers learn whether or not suicide is the best option for themselves and the rest of their peers.

Now that I have discussed that in a nutshell, it is probably best to warn you that this book is heavy on the suicide. It leaks of suicide juice and it will not cease to leak. It is depressing (and not in a good way) and it is a VERY boring book. I am not one to really hate on books, but I find that this book is just dreadful. I find that Albert Borris does not depict suicide well, and it doesn't discourage people from committing the act. It is extremely disappointing, and I am glad that I only bought this book for four dollars.

I find that suicide in books--especially in young adult---needs to be represented right because a lot of teens are contemplating suicide, and I don't support it. The problem with this book is that is that it is like reading a rock. It is dull and lifeless, and I just feel that it is a book of nothingness. 

The characters are dull. Everything is dull. Even the trips are dull. I mean, seriously, who visits a stinkin' gravesite and expects enjoyment? NO ONE. 

This book is definitely not recommended for readers. Do not waste your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment